Friday, October 27, 2006

They lost four at the Esperanza blaze

I went out last night at about 10:00 p.m. to see the fire near Palm Springs. If you have seen the news or looked online, you have probably heard about it. They are calling it arson and has already killed 4 firemen. With the Santa Ana winds blowing, it does not help. It was pretty bad while I was out there, I can't imagine having to fight a fire under thos conditions. When they have fires out our way, all the firemen set up camp around town. Right now they are a couple miles from our house. Along with all the firemen, there are plenty of news trucks. I think there are more news crews around this time because of arson being an issue. There is a $100,000 reward out for the person who started it. If he/she is caught, they will go to trial for murder. I can't imagine what the families are going through right now. Please remember them in your prayers.

I did take a few pictures of what I could.
This last one was my favorite. I just like the barbed wire in front of the fire.


You can read more about the fire on CNN's site.

No comments: