Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Forest Lawn

This past Saturday I got the chance to go with a group of people to the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA. At first I was a little confused as to why we would go visit a cemetary but the actual thing we went for was amazing. Jan Styka, a Polish artist, spent 33 years of his life painting a masterpiece of the crucifixion of Jesus. It is 195' long and 45' tall. It's an amazing piece of art. If you ever get the chance to go see it, do. They don't allow photography in the building where the art is showcased so I don't have any photos of it myself but you can see some of it on Forest Lawn's website.


I did take a few photos outside in the dreary weather we are having right now and a couple in the museum.

This first photo is of the building where the painting is housed.

Stephanie and I overlooking Glendale.

And this is Henry. The artist is unknown but it was carved around 200 A.D.

No comments: