Monday, September 18, 2006

Anaheim to Newport Beach

Sabbath afternoon, Duncan and Stephanie wanted to ride along the Santa Ana river to Newport Beach. So we drove to Anaheim and I let them off at the Arrowhead Stadium at about 4:20.

I drove down the 55 into Newport Beach and drove around a for a while then parked near the beach so I could get some pictures. I walked along the beach for a while and watched a guy fly one of those really big kites, like 20 ft long or something like that. There was also a wedding on the beach. It was pretty cool to see all the attendants dressed in off white. There were only a handful of people on the beach so it was a perfect time, other than the wind.

At about 6:00, Stephanie and Duncan met me at the beach. They rode about 18 miles in under 2 hours. I was pretty impressed. Look at them, they don't even look like they broke a sweat.

There were no lifeguards on duty, except for one driving around in a truck, so there was a lot of this.

We walked down to the water so they could see how cold it was. We didn't stay long before we headed back home. All in all, it was a nice afternoon with pretty much perfect weather.

No comments: