Monday, April 09, 2007

Munich

We finished up our Europe trip in the Munich area. First we visited Dachau, the first concentration camp used from 1933-1945. While we were there a survivor came. Watching him in his reproduced uniform was a sad sight. I'm not sure exactly what they were doing but it was some kind of memorial type service. Watching him break down and cry was quite a scene. We can only imagine what he went through while he was there 62+ years before. I can't imagine how hard it must be for him to return to that place.


This is a photo taken by the Americans when they liberated the camp. I can't imagine what these people were thinking either when they saw those planes fly over.

From Dachau, we went on to Neuschwanstein. It was a two hour train ride and well worth it. Fussen is a pretty little town and the scenery on the way was great also.

That night we finished our travels back in Munich where we had some dinner, directly across from the Glockenspiel, went back to our hotel and turned in for the night so we could get up early the next morning for our long trip home.

In the morning we all went to the Munich airport, grabbed a little something to eat then said goodbye to Stephanie's parents. We flew from Munich, to Paris, to Atlanta, then on to LAX. We caught the shuttle to our car then went home. All in all it was about a 28 hour day.

It was a very fun trip and I'd definitely do it again. Thanks for checking in on my photos and reading along about our trip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The end, huh? Well I like how you did it. I always just throw all my photos into one giant album and make folks wade through them, without being able to really explain at all.

While you were in Munich, you didn't happen to see my passport, did you? I left it there exactly 10 years ago.

Wow...10 years ago...