Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Surgery

Well, I had my SARPE surgery last Friday. I went into LLUMC at about 12:30 p.m., did all the preop stuff and surgery finally started around 3 p.m. I was finally aware of my surroudings by about 5:50 p.m. and to my room by about 8 p.m. Stephanie came to see me for a little bit then headed home. I spent the night with ice packs on my face. Sabbath morning the surgeon, Dr. Herford, checked me out. We were home by about noon. Thanks to my antibiotic, I know have a nice red tone to my skin. Allergies are the greatest. Luckily I have been off of pain meds and antibiotics since the weekend. Now it's just ibuprofen a couple times a day to combat the pain of spreading my maxilla apart. I'm taking pictures a couple times a day of my face so I can look back and watch the swelling go up, then go down, and also watch my jaw spread open. It will be a great documentary:) Some of you have called and sent me emails, thanks for thinking of me. I have to tell myself the pain will all be over soon...I hope. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: