Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The beginning of the trip

I'm going to spread my trip posts out over a few days. I have around 50 photos to share so I don't want to do it all at once. These first few are just some random ones from the beginning of the trip. Nothing too interesting at first, but I'm going in order so bear with me.

Stephanie's parents flight from Washington D.C. was delayed getting into Frankfurt for about 3 hours due to weather so we had some time to kill. This is a shot of the Frankfurt airport. After they got in, we jumped on the train and headed up the Rhine River to look at some castles and scenery. We were supposed to take a tour but we were a little pressed for time so we saw what we could from the train.

It was a comfortable day with overcast skies. We wondered around for maybe 30 minutes or so in a little town before we had to head back to the train station in Frankfurt to catch our next train to Zurich.


We used the Eurorail pass most of the time to get from place to place. If you ever go, I highly recommend it, it's a very comfortable way to get around.
More to come tomorrow.

No comments: